Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Welcome!

Hi! Welcome to my Blog! You can call me Whisper. :)


This is a very special blog for me. I'm trying something new- a prayer blog.


Yep. Prayer.


You see, it's lent, and I just came off a retreat, and in an effort to make my prayer life more consistent, I decided to commit to updating a prayer blog as often as I can. Ideally, this would be daily, but things never seem to go as planned in my life, so I'm going to take it one day at a time and see what happens next. 


If you have any ideas for prayer, let me know! I love finding a new prayer, and there are tons out there to choose from. bring me your favorites, and maybe I'll post them.


Today I thought I'd share this staple :)


Prayer of St. Francis
Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace. 
Where there is hatred, let me sow love; 
where there is injury, pardon; 
where there is doubt, faith; 
where there is despair, hope; 
where there is darkness, light; 
where there is sadness, joy.


O, Divine Master, 
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; 
to be understood as to understand; 
to be loved as to love; 
For it is in giving that we receive; 
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; 
it is in dying that we are born again to eternal life.

Thank-You Saint Francis.net for giving me the text so I just had to push enter a lot to space this better.

I love this prayer- it's such a perfect statement of what we strive to be. Our goal is to put others first and to let God work in us and through us. When you say this prayer, I hope you mean it. I hope you end it with "Lord, be with me in all things. Let me be someone you can use for Your perfect plans. Please help me to forget myself and to bring all the god into this world that I can, with Your help. Thank-you for giving me the opportunity that is this life, this day, this breath. Please help me to offer it back to you. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment