Saturday, March 24, 2012

i don't know

You want to know something about death? It stinks.

No duh.

A girl I know from school lost her father recently. I don't know what happened.

It feels so strange getting news like that. You ache, and you worry. It doesn't matter if you know them well or not. It really doesn't. Not if you understand death.

The wake was yesterday and I forgot. It managed to creep into my dreams last night, and I've been thinking about it all day. It feels so strange- I don't even know what to do with myself.

Tip: if you know someone who lost someone close to them, know that life just fell in, and isn't getting fixed anytime soon. Know that normal seems impossibly out of reach, but is the thing you want most. Know that you need to be there for them. You don't need to say anything profound- just be present for them. And don't say you know how they feel. Chances are that you don't, and even if you do, it's not about that right now.

The prayer part of this? I'm begging you to pray for this girl. And not just this week. Please, please, please pray.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment